For over 50 years, the Canton Community Health Fund (CCHF) organization has quietly, often anonymously, helped fund programs and activities that benefit Canton. This year, over $25,000 was distributed to a variety of town related needs that are not supported by town property taxes.
The Fund’s origins trace back to the 1960s when people would generously donate money to the Canton VNA. When the Canton VNA merged with McLean in 1997, a Fund was established to ensure those donations stayed in Canton to support the health and wellness of town residents.
This year we funded:
- a second sunshade at the town pool,
- training programs for the Community Emergency Response Team,
- media equipment for the Senior Services Department,
- first responder tourniquets for the Police department and
- Dr. Diters Scholarship awards to two graduating seniors as well as an adult resident pursuing a degree in a health related field
We continued to provide funding to several organizations including the Canton Food Bank, FAVARH’s Canton facility, a Canton therapeutic riding program and Focus on Canton.
We need your help so we can do more. Please consider donating $50, or any amount, to the Canton Community Health Fund. Your generosity will continue a tradition of giving that connects us all to our town.
Thank you for helping.
PS: Every penny donated goes to fund grants in Canton. The CCHF board members are all volunteers.
PSS: The Canton Community Health Fund is a 501(c) non-profit organization and your contribution is tax deductible.